2013 IEEE San Fernando Valley Section (SFVS) Outline:
PSpice, MATLAB Workshops (Intermediate Level)
The Engineering Essentials Workshop is a set of free intermediate courses on the following PSpice and MATLAB tools for engineering careers. These free workshops are offered to help give student engineers a leg up on your education, while providing them with an opportunity to network with other engineering students and industry professionals. Open to students from all disciplines. In addition, workshops provide a venue to attract non-members to join IEEE members.
• Saturday, March 1, 2014.
• California State University, Northridge (CSUN).
o Pspice 9:30 AM-12:00 PM (Room TBA)
o Matlab 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM (Room TBA)
• Maximum audience of 40 people per workshop
• Workshops are free
• Lunch is scheduled from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM in JD 2201
o Lunch for IEEE/HKN members is free
o Lunch for non IEEE/HKN members is $5
• Intermediate to Matlab (Hosted by CSUN Professor)
• Intermediate to PSpice
Funding Support from LAC:
Other Funding Support Resources:
• IEEE SFV
• IEEE SFV GOLD
• IEEE CSUN Student
Results from Software Essentials Workshop FALL 2013:
• Workshops were filled with 10-15 people attending each – mostly students and some industry professionals.
• Good opportunity to network among the attendees.
• Encouraged non-members to sign up, which included a discount for lunch as an incentive.